- A local church serving downtown KC, MO …
- Engaging the Un-engaged
- Developing leaders
- Supporting the family
- Emphasizing: “every person matters”
- A network of members serving where they live, work and play – showing compassion and creating community for the people around them in their everyday life
- A collaborating partner in the greater KC area
We are a Downtown Church; a Network of Neighbors and Kingdom Partners building bridges for people to access and experience the Gospel of Jesus.
As Jesus rolled out the idea of the church, He intended it to be an all-encompassing union of people who were so devoted to knowing Him and making Him known, that social, ethnic and cultural differences would be eclipsed by that overarching greater mission. At New Life CityChurch, we have, on-purpose, built a church family that is geographically, ethnically, socio-economically and generationally diverse. We want to illustrate that the good news of the Gospel unites us in Christian love much more than our differences divide us.
The Gospel doesn’t make our differences go away. Instead it provides a common purpose around which we rally. We find better solutions to the challenges that face our city because we pursue common goals in the context of multiple points of view. We find commonality in our pursuit of Christ-like living. United, we pursue these spiritual disciplines.
Developing communities that inspire people to know and follow Jesus
That every man, woman and child in Kansas City would know and experience the love of Jesus
- Jesus is center of all :: Living our lives with the growing understanding that Jesus is the Lord of everything and everyone, that Jesus is bringing all things to resolution and that Jesus desires to live His life through our lives. We seek Jesus earnestly with faith and humility for the wisdom, provisions and grace necessary to do His will and expand His Kingdom (John 14:12-17; Romans 14:9; Ephesians 6:18-20; Colossians 1:18).
- Authenticity and Grace :: We strive to live our lives with humility, honesty, integrity and truth both publically and privately, accept God’s undeserved favor and extend undeserved favor to others. We are also trusting in His enabling power (the other side of grace) to live a life pleasing to Him (Romans 5:1-5; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; 2 Corinthians 2:14-16).
- All People Matter :: All people matter, because we are God’s artwork. We believe that every person has been fashioned by God (the ultimate Creative), bears His image, has become broken, but can be restored. All people matter because we are loved unconditionally by God, can be redeemed by Jesus and when we become followers of Jesus we become a residence for the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 2:8-10; Colossians 1:13-18; 1 Corinthians 6:19).
- Unified, Diverse Community :: Our community is a group of people that value the Gospel of Jesus and contribute to the cause of the Kingdom of God locally and globally. We come from different backgrounds, different generations, different races, education, experiences and social settings. What matters is that we are adopted children, have the same Father and are in the same family (Romans 12:3-13; Hebrews 10:24-25; Galatians 6:2).
- Partnering for Impact :: We value communication, respect and listening. We have a Kingdom perspective. We know the Kingdom of God is bigger than NLCC. We want to wield our influence, resources and networks with others in collaboration so as to serve God’s vision for our city (Ephesians 2:19-22; 1 Peter 2:5; Revelation 7:9).
- Excellence in stewardship :: We long to be outstanding stewards of everything God has entrusted to us. Therefore, we are committed to celebrating and evaluating all that God leads us to do so as to learn from and improve in all things. We will manage and use our resources (money, talents, property, materials, etc. ) because we long to sacrificially serve and support the church and its ministries in order to ever-increasingly enhance, develop and accelerate our people, goals and purposes (John 9:4; Ephesians 5:16; 1 Thessalonians 4:1, 10).
- Personal development and biblical discipleship :: We long to help people encounter God and make joyful progress in their faith walk with Him. That cannot happen without experiencing authentic, transformational community and loving accountability for his/her progress in becoming more like Christ. God created us to live in relationship with one another. The Holy Spirit transforms and matures us in this environment. By faith, we are trusting God to change us from the inside out; spiritual transformation by the Word, the Spirit and through our fellowship with each other (Matthew 22:37-40; Philippians 1:24-30; Colossians 1:28, 29; 1 Thessalonians 2:8).
- Transformation: personal, cultural and city :: We want to see the redemptive power of the gospel transform our individual lives, as well as our entire culture. We want to learn how to communicate better with today’s city dwellers so they might understand the Gospel. We long to witness the transformation of the whole person and the whole of life and we put this longing into action by telling others the Gospel creatively and directly, while showing Christ’s love in service. We serve others in the Body of Christ by mobilizing partnerships to expand our influence beyond our capacity, as well as to show the world the One Body of Christ. As Followers of Christ, we are burdened with the overwhelming need for the world to hear the Gospel and will take an active part to pray for, send to, give to, and go to the world for the glory of God and good of the lost (Colossians 1:19-20; 2 Timothy 4:2-5; 2 Corinthians 11:8-11; Ephesians 4:4, 11-16).
Want to learn more about New Life CityChurch? Fill out the form below.