Join together with New Life CityChurch as we embark on 40 days of prayer together. Read and reflect on the passage of Scripture provided and pray together each day through New Life’s 4 pillars: Worship, Community, Mission, and Generosity.
Sunday, Oct. 31st: Worship
- Read Scripture: Psalm 86:8-13
- Pray: Praise God for His work in building His church. Praise him for bringing many new believers to New Life CityChurch.
Monday, Nov. 1st: Community
- Read Scripture: Psalm 111:1-10
- Pray: Pray for wisdom for the leadership of New Life CityChurch as the church navigates decisions during the capital campaign and construction.
Tuesday, Nov. 2nd: Mission
- Read Scripture: Psalm 22:27-28
- Pray: Pray for the country of Liberia as we partner to bring the Gospel to unreached parts of the country.
Wednesday, Nov. 3rd: Generosity
- Read Scripture: Psalm 119:33-40
- Pray: Thank God for his generosity to us and pray for our generosity as a church- with our time, love, and finances.
Thursday, Nov. 4th: Worship
- Read Scripture: Psalm 96:4-9
- Pray: Pray for God to be glorified through New Life CityChurch as we prepare to make more room for the people and ministries of the church.
Friday, Nov. 5th: Community
- Read Scripture: Psalm 1
- Pray for the elders of New Life CityChurch in their decisions for the church and their pursuit of God and holiness.
Saturday, Nov. 6th: Mission
- Read Scripture: Psalm 16
- Pray for the people of Liberia who will read and hear the Gospel through our giving and support. Pray that they would come to know Christ and believe in Him.
Sunday, Nov. 7th: Generosity
- Read Scripture: Psalm 36
- Pray: Pray that we would be generous and gracious as a church, just as the Lord has been generous and gracious to us. “His steadfast love extends to the heavens and his faithfulness to the clouds.”
Monday, Nov. 8th: Worship
- Read Scripture: Psalm 45
- Pray: Pray that our fear and love of the Lord would increase as we seek to accomplish His will. We serve an eternal, omnipotent, triune God whose throne is forever and ever.
Tuesday, Nov. 9th: Community
- Read Scripture: Psalm 127
- Pray: Pray that we would not rely on ourselves to build the church, but that the Lord will build it-as He has promised to do.
Wednesday, Nov. 10th: Mission
- Read Scripture: Psalm 20
- Pray: Pray for the translators and people associated with Faith by Hearing. As a church, we are partnering with this ministry that spreads the Gospel by providing God’s word audibly to people groups around the world.
Thursday, Nov. 11th: Generosity
- Read Scripture: Psalm 113
- Pray: Just as God has been loving and raised us up from death to new life in Him, let us pray for us to be generous with our love and continue to preach the Gospel to our city.
Friday, Nov. 12th: Worship
- Read Scripture: Psalm 57
- Pray: Pray that the glory of our God would be known in our city through the church.
Saturday, Nov. 13th: Community
- Read Scripture: Psalm 5
- Pray: Pray that we would continue to pursue holiness as we grow as a church while resting in the righteousness that Christ has already accomplished for us.
Sunday, Nov. 14th: Mission
- Read Scripture: Acts 2:14-47
- Pray: Just as Peter communicated the gospel to others, pray that the people of New Life CityChurch will be empowered to communicate the gospel clearly and often to others.
Monday, Nov. 15th: Generosity
- Read Scripture: Acts 4:32-37
- Pray: Just as the church in Acts shared and gave all they had to each other and the apostles, pray that our hearts would be generous and sensitive to the needs of others.
Tuesday, Nov. 16th: Worship
- Read Scripture: Acts 5:17-42
- Pray: We worship a God whose plan never fails. Pray that we would trust God’s sovereignty and stay true to his Word as the church grows.
Wednesday, Nov. 17th: Community
- Read Scripture: Acts 6: 1-7
- Pray: Just as the apostles sent out seven individuals who were “full of faith and the Holy Spirit” to care for those in need while sharing their faith, pray that God would raise up leaders in our church.
Thursday, Nov. 18th: Mission
- Read Scripture: Acts 8:26-40
- Pray: God prepared the eunuch’s heart and Philip obeyed the angel of the Lord and the Holy Spirit which resulted in the eunuch trust in Christ’s death and resurrection. Pray that we would also be obedient in sharing our faith and that others’ hearts would accept the truth.
Friday, Nov. 19th: Generosity
- Read Scripture: Acts 10:1-8
- Pray: Cornelius was known for being God-fearing, generous, and a man of prayer. Pray that God would make our church also known for these qualities.
Saturday, Nov. 20th: Worship
- Read Scripture: Acts 10:1-48
- Pray: God accepts those who fear him. Pray that we would fear God and His word even when it isn’t convenient.
Sunday, Nov. 21st: Community
- Read Scripture: Luke 1:30-56
- Pray: Mary visited Elizabeth after she was told she give birth to Jesus. Elizabeth rejoiced with her and encouraged her. Pray that we would be a community that rejoices in God’s plan and encourages each other to trust Him
Monday, Nov. 22nd: Mission
- Read Scripture: Luke 5:1-11
- Pray: When Jesus called his disciples to follow him, they left everything and did so. Pray that our church would be fully committed to following Jesus.
Tuesday, Nov. 23rd: Generosity
- Read Scripture: Luke 6:43-45
- Pray: Pray that we would be a church bearing good fruit.
Wednesday, Nov. 24th: Worship
- Read Scripture: Luke 5:27-31
- Pray: Praise God that he came not “to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”
Thursday, Nov. 25th: Community
- Read Scripture: Luke 8:19-21
- Pray: Jesus calls us into a new family. Praise God that he has given us the right to become his children. Pray that we would love and commit to our heavenly family.
Friday, Nov. 26th: Mission
- Read Scripture: Luke 9:1-6
- Pray: Jesus sent out the disciples to do God’s work and preach the kingdom of God, asking them to trust that God would provide all that they would need. Pray that we would also trust God for all that we need to do his work.
Saturday, Nov. 27th: Generosity
- Read Scripture: Luke 7: 36-50
- Pray: The woman gave generously to Jesus, and Jesus praised her for her faith. Pray that we would be a church who come before Jesus humbly and give to his kingdom lavishly.
November 28th: Community
- Read: 1 Corinthians 12:12-26
- Pray: That all gifts and talents of our church are honored, and that we would bear each other’s burdens and rejoice with one another.
November 29th: Mission
- Read: Luke 8: 26-39
- Pray: That we would share what Jesus has done for us to the people we live, work, and play with.
November 30th: Generosity
- Read: Luke 6:37-38
- Pray: That God would use our gifts to go beyond anything we can imagine for His glory, not for our own.
December 1st: Worship
- Read: John 6: 47-51
- Pray: Praise God that He is the Bread of Life that satisfies us forever.
December 2nd: Community
- Read: Matthew 25: 31-40
- Pray: We would show this kind of sacrificial love to each other and to the Lord.
December 3rd: Mission
- Read: Matthew 10:16-23
- Pray: The Lord makes us confident in Him to share who He is among the world. That we would trust Him to give us words to say.
December 4th: Generosity
- Read Matthew 6:25-34
- Pray: God would take away any anxieties of not having enough, and that He provides for our needs.