Today is a day of reflection for millions of people around the world. It is our privilege to remember the most incredible death of Jesus, the Son of God.
Jesus endured agony beyond our wildest imaginations during the crucifixion process. While on the cross, He made seven short statements that reveal His heart:
- Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do. (Luke 23:34)
- Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise. (Luke 23:43)
- Woman, behold your son. Son, behold your mother. (John 19:26-27)
- My God, My God, why have you forsaken me? (Matthew 27:46)
- I thirst. (John 19:28)
- It is finished. (John 19:30)
- Father, into your hands I commend my spirit. (Luke 23:46)
And then there was silence!
Hope seemed to be gone…it was the worst of times.
The Sabbath came and went.
And then very early on Sunday morning, His close friends began to journey to the grave.
And it was empty…
Jesus was alive, just as He said.