Overview of Group
Fam Jam at Chouteau Courts is a fun way to be a positive influence in children’s lives. For many of these children, Fam Jam is the only positive time of community and family they get to encounter. Whether you’re a family, a couple, or a single that’s wanting to serve, each of you can bring something to the team that the children need – hugs, smiles, love, encouragement, acceptance, guidance, a sense of what family can look like when the right ingredients are brought together, the powerful transformation of life that Jesus can bring about…every child has a need to be loved, and this is an exciting opportunity to give these children exactly what they need!
Opportunities for Involvement
- Sign up for weekly prayer request/update emails.
- Join us in praying for the community of Chouteau, and the children in particular.
- Get in touch with us if you love children and have a heart to serve! Whether you are looking for an opportunity to get involved, or just to offer a word of encouragement, we want to connect with you!
- Fam Jam happens every Sunday from 2-3:30pm.
- Whether once a week, every other week, or once a month, we would love for you to join our Fam Jam Team! The higher volunteer/children ratio there is, the stronger, more lasting impact we can have on these children.
- Play games, tell Bible stories, and give out snacks.
- Meet with other volunteers and team leaders for times of training in how to better reach the children of Choeteau.
- Snacks are provided for the children each week
- Bible story coloring sheets/books
- Arts and crafts supplies (construction paper, crayons, markers, scissors, glue, etc.)
Listen to our Fam Jam Leaders
I work in this this ministry because of the relationships that are developed through the time spent with the children and their parents. Also, seeing seeds that were planted years ago, spread, take root and grow. The change that Christ's love makes in His creation.
The FamJam ministry speaks life and truth into the hearts of Kansas City's next generation of leaders. To be even just a small part of setting that foundation in Christ is a wonderful and humbling experience.